How to Hire Dedicated Developers- Checkout the best tips and things to consider for hiring...
Recently 5G auction was held, and Reliance Jio won the bid to acquire a total of 24.7GHz out of a total 72GHz. Reliance Jio acquired 24.7 GHz for Rs.88,078 crore. Bharti Airtel acquired a total of 19.8 GHz of spectrum for Rs.43,084 crore.
5G will provide 10x more speed than 4G. After the 5G spectrum auction, next year it will roll out in India. Everyone loves high-speed data, but the question is does it cost higher than 4G?
You'll find the answer here -:
Will 5G Services be Costlier Than 4G?
- According to some experts initially, 5G plans will be likely 10-12% higher than 4G.
- The recent price hike in 4G plans by big telecom companies like Jio, Airtel, and Vodafone-Idea is to increase the average revenue per user (ARPU). It is assumed by some telecom experts that ARPU will enable the large investment required for spectrum purchase and help the feasible rollout of 5G services in the country.
- Sunil David, Co-Chair, Digital Communications Working Group, IET Future Tech Panel said that telcos will charge a premium for 5G services, so it is expected that tariffs will increase by anywhere between 20-30%.
- Due to the high speed, 1GB of 5G data will be expected to exhaust at anywhere between 5-10 times quicker than 4G, so users have to pay more for the data
- Mobile broadband services will provide 5G handsets at Rs. 15-20k or more
How Many Indians are Willing to Shift to 5G?
Ookla a network intelligence service recently conducted a survey, in this survey 89% of Indian smartphone users are ready to upgrade to 5G.
Less than 2% of the respondents do not wish to upgrade to 5G.