करोंद से भोपाल टॉकीज आने वाली सड़क राजधानी भोपाल की सबसे व्यवस्ततम सड़कों में से एक है और निशातपुरा...
Indians are ruling the corporate world globally. Recently, Laxman Narasimhan appointed as a CEO of world’s leading coffeehouse chain Starbucks.
With this, he joins the list of Indian-origin CEOs in US corporate world. Earlier, he was the CEO of UK-based health & hygiene company Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC.
Laxman Narasimhan will join the Starbucks on October 1 but take the position as a CEO in April 2023. In the meantime, he will learn Starbucks reinvention strategies from company's interim CEO Howard Schultz.
Howard said about Laxman that "He is a strategic and transformational leader with deep experience in building powerful consumer brands."
Know About the Indian-origin Starbucks CEO Laxman Narasimhan
- He was raised in Pune, India and did his graduation in mechanical engineering from the College of Engineering Pune, Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- After the graduation he moved to US to earn a MA degree in German and International Studies from The Lauder Institute,Pennsylvania University and MBA in Finance from Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Narasimhan worked 19 years for Mckinsey till 2012, rising to the director and location manager for its New Delhi Office.
- He joined Pepsico to work as a chief commercial officer after working at Mckinsey.
- In 2019, he succeeded Rakesh Kapoor to become CEO of Reckitt Beckinser. The company makes disinfectant Lysol, Enfamil baby formula, Mucinex cold syrup and durex condoms.
- As a CEO of Reckitt Beckinser, he increased the sales of its health and hygiene products and also successfully guided the company during Covid pandemic 2019. After he stepped down as a CEO, company's share fell to 4% in FTSE.
- He also has a good command over 6 languages.
- Laxman Narasimhan family includes his wife and two children who lives in Connecticut, USA.
List of Indian-Origin CEOs leading MNCs in US –
Indian talents making their mark on the global corporate world, two big tech giant companies' CEO are also Indians. Here is the full list of such CEOs:
Sundar Pichai – CEO of Google
Satya Nadella – CEO of Microsoft
Shantanu Narayen – CEO of Adobe
Parag Agrawal – CEO of Twitter
Arvind Krishna – CEO of IBM
Leena Nair – CEO of Chanel
Gunjan Shah – CEO of BATA
Raghu Raghuram – CEO of VMWare
Punit Renjen - CEO of Deloitte
CS Venkatakrishnan - CEO of Barclays
Sanjay Mehrotra - CEO of Micron Technology
Vivek Sankaran - CEO of Albertsons
People’s Reaction on Twitter as Laxman Narasimhan Become a CEO of Starbucks –
What was initially a trickle of water has turned into a Tsunami. The appointment of Indian-origin CEOs at the world’s most iconic companies is now an unstoppable trend. International boardrooms consider them to be almost ‘safe’ leadership bets. ????????????????????????https://t.co/PxbrOMK7Aa— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) September 2, 2022
30% of the Fortune 500 Companies have Indians as their CEOs.— Ghazal Alagh (@GhazalAlagh) September 2, 2022
With Laxman Narasimhan joining the list, we cannot be more proud of all the Indian achievers who are truly paving the way for our future generations.#CEOs
(AP) - SEATTLE — Starbucks has named a longtime PepsiCo executive as its new CEO. The coffee giant said Thursday that Laxman Narasimhan will join Starbucks on Oct. 1 after relocating from London to Seattle, where Starbucks is based.— Louie Tran (@louie_tran) September 2, 2022