A classic all-rounder and a highly admirable leader, the Haryana Hurricane will always be...
Carlos Alcaraz,the world will going to remember that name in future.Currently the tennis world is ruled by Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, and Roger Federer, but it is clear from Yesterday's US Open Finals that Alcaraz's name will be echoed for a long time.
Known as Spaghetti Man clinched his first Grand Slam US Open 2022 by defeating Casper Rudd in four sets of match 6-4,2-6,7-6(1),6-3 and become world no.1 in ATP ranking.
He is the youngest world no.1 in men's singles ranking, since the start of the ATP Rankings in 1973.
World curiously wanted to know about this fast and hard Spanish player.
Here is All You Need to Know About World No.1 Tennis Player Carlos Alcaraz
- His full name is Carlos Alcaraz Garcia, born on 5th May 2003 in El Palmar, a small village in Spain. He began playing tennis at an early age because his father who was also a player and director of the tennis academy, instill that passion within him.
- At the age of 15, Carlos became a professional tennis player. He played ITF Futures and ATP Challenges and his first ATP event in Rio in 2020.
- In 2018, he started taking training in the former world No. 1 Spanish Tennis player Juan Carlos Ferrero tennis academy "Equelite JC Ferrero Sports Academy."
- Carlos won his maiden ATP singles title at Croatia Open on 15 July 2021. After that, his winning journey begins by clinching Rio Open Title, Miami Open, and Madrid Open in 2022.
- According to his coach, Juan Carlos recognize his explosiveness and fastness at the court, he said "He's a great competitor. He's there. He's trying all the time."
- Juan Carlos said that when Carlos Alcaraz came to his academy he was extremely thin with no muscles and look like "Spaghetti Man". He worked hard to improve his physique.
- A 6ft 1in tall player's hobbies outside the court are golf and football.
Carlos Alcaraz Won US Open Men's Single Title 2022-
Carlos Alcaraz showed his explosive power at the Arthur Ashe Stadium court and defeated the Norwegian player Casper Rudd.
Alcaraz dropped to the floor and then ran toward his player box to celebrate the victory with his team and coach Juan Carlos Ferrero.
Carlos Said after winning the match-
"It is something I have dreamt of since I was a kid. To be No. 1 in the world, to be champion of a Grand Slam is something I have worked really hard [for]," Alcaraz said during the trophy ceremony. "It is tough to talk right now, I have lots of emotions. This is something I have tried to achieve. All the hard work I have done with my team and my family. I am just 19 years old, all the tough decisions have been with my parents and my team as well. It is something that is really special for me."
These two weeks have been incredible and have included some very tough matches ???? Thank you NYC for the support, the energy on court is impossible to explain! ???????? And thank you everyone on the other side of the world, staying up late or getting up early to support me! ????????— Carlos Alcaraz (@carlosalcaraz) September 12, 2022
2022 US OPEN Men's Singles runner up -
Coach Juan Carlos Ferrero share image of his and Carlos embracing each other after winning the Grand Slam on Instagram-
View this post on Instagram